As China is becoming increasingly popular with the rest of the world in terms of investment and market, the world’s only China-related translation company China-Link International Translation & Interpreting Centre has been mostly wanted by both local enterprises and MNCs needing translation services in Singapore. Our brand “China-Link” is so eye-catching and attractive to those making inroads to China market that many people have blind faith in it. They would give their job to us under the same conditions, even at a higher-than-market price. This makes us realize that we should enter other international markets by utilizing this brand asset and establish our presence in other countries of the world by working with local professional translators who are keen to start up their own business.
1. Our Partners
We are looking for professional translators who are keen to start up their own business after working as freelancers for a couple of years. Of course, if you have set up your own business with your own brand name, you might as well think of using our brand to do your business. Our brand can only be an added advantage to your current business.
2. Collaboration Method
1) We provide you with the source files of our website;
2) You got to translate it into your local language;
3) Employ a website designer to help you add the local language to the website so that it becomes bilingual; if you are in an English speaking country, however, there is no need to translate it.
4) You register a local domain name with your country sign at the end, like www.chinalink-international.de for Germany;
5) You or your website designer host the website (e.g. www.justhost.com)
6) You do marketing by using Google’s Adwords (they teach how to do it) to look for prospective clients;
7) Start to get business from your prospective clients.
3. Our Benefits and Responsibilities
1) For us, we only have the right to share 20% of your annual profit.
2) We will provide you with the following:
a. China-Link’s English website package;
b. Our established brand name;
c. Internal support in translating Chinese to English or English to Chinese at a price acceptable to us; such price will be specified in the agreement according to the living standard of a specific country and will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
d. Any assistance or consulting that you may need.
4. Your Benefits and Responsibilities
1) No admittance fee, no loyalty for our brand name, and no franchising cost;
2) You can utilize our brand name to make money for free;
3) You don’t have to design a website of your own, and save at least half of startup cost, but you will have to employ a website developer to add up local language to the website;
4) You have to pay for your marketing cost, e.g. putting up ad on Google (via SEM) or Yellowpages. This is a must even if you are not working with China-Link.
5) You will have to follow our “Quality control process”, i.e. TEP (Translation + Editing + Proofreading) in providing a quality job in order to maintain our good reputation.
6) With our brand name, you can easily attract local customers having business presence in or intending to enter the Chinese market. You have more chances than other companies, even advantages;
7) You will have our support in Chinese-related translations;
8) Of course, our brand name will not affect your clinching jobs of other languages, such as your own mother tongue but give you an added advantage.
9) You have to pay to us 20% of your annual profit. Our calculation of your annual profit is: total income – 80% of total income as cost = 20% as profit.
5. Our Relationship
To do business by using our brand sounds like franchising. Well, you can think that way, but we do not charge your royalty for franchising. Our purpose of doing so is to go out of Singapore whose market is so small and expand our influence and awareness around the world; this will in turn benefit us. So except 20% of your annual profit, we will NOT charge you a single cent. It’s a good deal, isn’t it?
As it is not easy to examine your account as to how much you have earned a year, it’s all up to you to tell us the total income. Therefore, our cooperation can only be based on mutual trust and your honesty.
1. Externally, we are of a headoffice-branch relationship; This will be stated in the contact page;
2. Internally, we are independent entities. Neither party will interfere with the business of the other party. But we have the right to inquire about your income and you should truthfully provide us with the breakdown of your income. This is sort of cooperation that requires both parties should sincerely work with each other in good faith, and do things honestly;
3. There will be one (1) year of trial period, during which, you should do your utmost to promote China-Link and get as more business as possible.
4. China-Link will review your annual performance as well as contribution in profit once a year, and decide as to whether to allow you to continue to use our brand to do your business. The two parties will enter into an agreement, whereby the rights and responsibilities of thereof will be specified.
5. As we are in Singapore, where the living standard is higher than other Asian countries (ex Japan) but lower than that of Europe and America, we will charge a different price specific to each country for internal support given to you in Chinese-English or English-Chinese translation.
6. Presumably speaking, you have more Chinese-related business coming in, you should develop your own Chinese translation team for each project. China-Link will help you introduce its own regular translators so that you can contact with them as and when you have a project. Of course, you can also let us, the head office to handle your project in order to save the trouble of arranging another translator for editing and another translator for proofreading.
All in all, “China-Link” is a famous brand in Singapore and elsewhere in the world. It is easier to attract the attention of those who want to do Chinese translation than any other brands do.
This is an opportunity for you to start up your own business. Why not make use of this chance to catch up with the wagon.
This strategic alliance will bring to both parties a WIN-WIN result.
China-Link International Translation & Consulting Centre