Proposal for Forming A Strategic Alliance
As China is becoming increasingly popular with the rest of the world in terms of investment and market, the world’s only China-related translation company China-Link International Translation & Interpreting Centre has been mostly wanted by both local enterprises and MNCs needing translation services in Singapore. Our brand “China-Link” is so eye-catching and attractive to those making inroads to China market that many people have blind faith in it. They would give their jobs to us under the same conditions, even at a higher-than-market price. This makes us realize that we should enter international markets by utilizing this brand asset and establish our presence in other countries of the world by working with local professional translators who are keen to start up their own business.
1. Our Partners
We are looking for professional translators who are keen to start up their own business after working as freelancers for a couple of years (agencies that want to use our brand to woo local customers are also welcomed). Of course, if you have set up your own business with your own brand name, you might as well think of using our brand to do your business. Our brand can only be an added advantage to your current business.
2. Collaboration Method
1) We provide you with the source files of our official website containing both English and Chinese;
2) You got to translate it into your local language;
3) Employ a website designer to help you add the local language to the website so that it becomes bilingual; if you are in an English speaking country, however, there is no need to translate it.
4) You will need to register a local domain name with your country sign like www.chinalink-international.de for Germany;
5) You or your website designer host the website (e.g. www.justhost.com)
6) You will be responsible for marketing by using Google’s Adwords (they teach how to do it) to attract prospective clients;
7) Start to get business from your prospective clients.
3. Our Benefits and Responsibilities
1) We do not ask you to pay any entry fee, but a total royalty of US$15,000 for a country manager, and US$10,000 for a regional manager, which shall be paid to us over 5 years. The amounts and dates to be paid will be specified in the Country Manager Agreement to be made by both parties later on.
2) We will provide you with the following:
a. China-Link’s website package (English and Chinese);
b. Our established brand name (Logo files);
c. Internal support in translating Chinese to English or English to Chinese at a price acceptable to us;
d. Any assistance or consulting that you may need.
4. Your Benefits and Responsibilities
1) No admittance fee, no loyalty for our brand name, and no franchising cost;
2) You can utilize our brand name to make money for free;
3) You don’t have to design a website of your own, and save the bulk of startup cost in terms of website design, but you will need to localize the website and employ a website developer to add up local language to the website;
4) You have to pay for your marketing cost for your own, e.g. putting up ad on Google (via SEM) or Yellowpages. This is a must even if you are not working with China-Link.
5) You will have to follow our “Quality control process”, i.e. TEP (Translation + Editing + Proofreading) in providing a quality job in order to maintain our good reputation and stay on track.
6) With our brand name, you can easily attract local customers having business presence in or intending to enter the Chinese market. You have more chances than other companies, even advantages;
7) You will have our support in Chinese-related translations;
8) Of course, our brand name will not affect your clinching jobs of other languages, such as your own mother tongue but give you an added advantage.
9) You shall pay us US$15,000 out of your profit over five (5) years.
5. Our Relationship
1) Externally, we are of a headoffice-branch relationship; This will be stated in page “Contact Us” of both China-Link official;
2) Internally, we are independent entities. Neither party will interfere with the business of the other party in its daily operations;
3) China-Link will review your annual performance and punctual payment of royalty from time to time, and decide as to whether to allow you to continue to use our brand to do your business. The two parties will enter into an agreement, whereby the rights and responsibilities of thereof will be expressly specified.
4) As we are in Singapore, where the living standard is higher than other Asian countries (ex Japan) but lower than that of Europe and America, we will charge a different price specific to each country for internal support given to you in Chinese-English or English-Chinese translation.
5) Presumably speaking, you have more Chinese-related business coming in, you should develop your own Chinese translation team for each project. China-Link will help you introduce its own regular translators so that you can contact with them as and when you have a project. Of course, you can also let us, the head office to handle your project in order to save the trouble of arranging another translator for editing and another translator for proofreading.
6. How to apply
a) If you are interested in becoming our strategic partner, kindly send us an email at email@example.com by typing “Applying for Country Manager” or “Applying for Regional Manager” in the subject line;
b) Please attach your CV for our reference.
c) Upon receipt of your application, we will review your background, and your zeal and ability for starting up this business before giving you a reply.
All in all, “China-Link” is a famous brand in Singapore and elsewhere in the world. It is easier to attract the attention of those who want to do Chinese translation than any other brands do.
This is an opportunity for you to start up your own business. Why not make use of this chance to catch up with the wagon.
This strategic alliance will bring to both parties a WIN-WIN result.
China-Link International Translation & Interpreting Centre